#40: “Our climate is not your business!”
In the wake of International 350 Day and direct actions in the US & Europe we ask, isn’t it time that we stopped business putting the brakes on climate action? In a break from our usual format we weave recent highlights from the independent media landscape into a corporate-critical narrative. With thanks to The Big Blow, Bill McKibben of 350.org, Fisk Umbra of Grist, Climate Alarm, The Yes Men, Amy Goodman & Democracy Now!, Daphne Wysham & Earthbeat Radio and Age of Stupid‘s Copenhagen Kids.
Couldn’t we be doing a whole lot more in the UK?
- Climate Emergency (CaCC policies for 10% cut by 2010)
- Climate Emergency EDM – get your MP to sign up
- 12 policies to save the climate and our planet (John Sauven, Greenpeace, 11 October 2009)
- Stop Climate Chaos platform (PDF, August 2009)
- 10:10 Campaign (Liberal Democrat motion, 21 October 2009)
- The need for a step change (Committee on Climate Change, 12 October 2009)
- Climate body calls for energy U-turn (FT, 12 October 2009)
- Carbon Rationing (The Ministry of Trying to Do Something About It)
- Carbon Rationing (Tradeable Energy Quotas)
- Carbon Rationing (Dark Optimism)
Leave a Comment