Climate Camp(s) 2009
55-minute special featuring the voices of Climate Camp activists. Arthur of the London Camp for Climate Action media team is live in the studio discussing
- the rapid take-up of the Climate Camp model around the world – there are over a dozen Camps around the globe this year
- policing and legal aspects and
- the justification for direct action in the face of inaction to prevent devastating climate change
- what’s planned for this year’s camp
- legal and policing aspects
- the direct action training that’s on offer and
- the mass action that’s planned for later in the year
We also have four short statements from the Camps in Australia, New Zealand, US and Finland; and a range of voices taken from a recent Climate Camp promotional video.
A political reality may be emerging here that civil action could well force the government to act. This might even be one of those rare ocassions where everyday but resolute citizens have a lasting impact on the great issue of our time. – Paul Rogers, Professor of Peace Studies, University of Bradford
Camp for Climate Action
Why you should come to the Climate Camp (8 minute video)
Climate Camp: anarchist or saviour of the environmental movement?
Climate Protest: rock the state, save the planet (Paul Rogers, Bradford University)
Leave a Comment