#10: Carbon Trading #2 – The EU
EMISSIONS TRADING IN EUROPE
After last week’s interview with Soumitra Ghosh on the negative impacts of CDM projects in India, we conclude our look at carbon trading by speaking to the director of Climate Action Newtwork Europe, Matthias Duwe.
– What are Europe’s environmental NGOs doing to help reform the CDM?
– What is their view on the effectiveness of EU Emissions Trading Scheme as a way of cutting our greenhouse gas output?
EU ETS links:
- Climate Change and the EU’s response (6/11/2006)
- EU Emissions Trading Scheme
- CAN Europe position papers on the EU ETS
- CDM Watch
- South South North
- The Gold Standard (voluntary good practice scheme for CDM projects)
- UNFCCC CDM
Leave a Comment