#11: No Way Back?
The first of two programmes featuring interviews with speakers featured at the RSA “No Way Back?” conference on arts and ecology.
We had the good fortune to speak to:
Professor John Schellnhuber – chief advisor to the German government on climate change
- What does he regard as a responsible level of global mean temperature rise?
- What level of greenhouse concentration in the atmosphere does he suggest we aim to stabilise at?
- If 550ppmv is dangerous and likely to lead to amplifying feedbacks, why is the UK government keeping this outdated target?
- What will be the chief messages he will be giving to the German government over the coming critical year?
Ed Gillespie, Creative Director, Futerra Sustainability Communications
- What is the current public understanding of climate change?
- How do we communicate for behaviour change?
- Around the World in 80 Ways – Ed’s globe trotting project which explores the joys of travelling without flying
and James Mariott – co-founder, Platform
- London as an oil city
- Dismantling the network of institutions that comprise the Carbon Web
- “And While London Burns” – Platform’s new operatic soundwalk around the fossil fuel institutions of the City of London
Leave a Comment